At ROC Carbon Company, we have found that PEEK is a wonderful material for many different parts and applications. PEEK, also known as polyetheretherketone, is a semi-crystalline thermoplastic. It is a polymer that belongs to the polyketone family of polymers such as PEK, PEEKK, PEKK, and PEKEKK. PEEK is the most commonly used and manufactured in this family of polymers.
While PEEK is not appropriate for every application, it has many benefits that make it a great option.
- Exceptional tensile properties. A tensile strength of 29000psi is achieved when reinforced with carbon fibers.
- Excellent creep resistance. This polymer provides an excellent balance of properties that enable it to withstand high loadings for long periods at high temperatures without permanent deformation.
- PEEK offers flexural modulus at very high temperatures and can be improved with glass or carbon reinforcement.
- High volume resistivity and surface resistivity. This polymer maintains good insulating properties in a board temperature range.
- This polymer has very low smoke and toxic gas generation.
- Insoluble in all common solvents.
- Good dimensional stability
- Exceptional insulation properties
- Excellent sterilization resistance at high temperatures
- Long life
- Inherent purity
As you can see, PEEK has some really great characteristics that make it attractive for various purposes. Of course, it does have some limitations, such as expense, issues with UV tolerance, and the need to process at high temperatures.
ROC Carbon Company Can Assist With Your PEEK Needs
Is PEEK suitable for your needs? At ROC Carbon Company, we can help you determine if this is the right polymer for your specific needs. If it is the right material choice, we can get started on crafting your parts needs immediately. If there is a material that suits your needs better, we can tell you that. Since 1956, we have been working with PEEK, PTFE, and carbon graphite materials. ROC Carbon can assist you with all of your parts needs.