At ROC Carbon Company we have found that PEEK is a wonderful material for many different parts and applications. PEEK, also known as polyetheretherketone, is a semi-crystalline thermoplastic. It is a polymer that belongs to the polyketone family of polymers such as PEK, PEEKK, PEKK, and PEKEKK. In this family of polymers, PEEK is the most commonly used and manufactured.
While PEEK is not appropriate for every application, it has many benefits that make it a great option.
- Exceptional tensile properties. When reinforced with carbon fibers, a tensile strength of 29000psi can be achieved.
- Excellent creep resistance. This polymer provides an excellent balance of properties that enable it to withstand high loadings for long periods at high temperatures without permanent deformation.
- PEEK offers flexural modulus at very high temperatures can be improved with glass or carbon reinforcement.
- High volume resistivity and surface resistivity. This polymer maintains good insulating properties in a board temperature range.
- This polymer has very low smoke and toxic gas generation.
- Insoluble in all common solvents.
- Good dimensional stability
- Exceptional insulation properties
- Excellent sterilization resistance at high temperatures
- Long life
- Inherent purity
As you can see, PEEK has some really great characteristics that make it attractive for a variety of purposes. Of course, it does have some limitations such as expense, issues with UV tolerance, and the need to process at high temperatures.
ROC Carbon Company Can Assist With Your PEEK Needs
Is PEEK right for your needs? At ROC Carbon Company we can help you determine if this is the right polymer for your specific needs. If it is the right material choice, we can get started on crafting your parts needs immediately. If there is a material that suits your needs better, we can tell you that, as well. Since 1956, we have been working with materials such as PEEK, PTFE, and carbon graphite. We can assist you with all of your parts needs. We invite you to learn more about our products and materials in our brochure or request a quote for the part that you need. We look forward to working with you soon!